1 - 1.5 lb ground beef
1/4 large sweet or yellow onion, finely chopped
extra virgin olive oil
1. Heat up the grill/frying pan (medium heat).
2. Throw the ground beef into a large bowl and add the onions, 2 tbsp of EVOO (to help hold the meat together), and a handful of grill seasoning (if you don't have any such thing, throw in a handful of a salt, pepper, and garlic powder mixture).
3. Squish it all together. Make sure everything is distributed evenly.
4. Score the meat into 4 even sections with your hand.
5. Pick apart each section and shape into a round patty. They'll plump up when they cook, so try to make them slightly thinner than you want the finished product to be.
6.Throw them onto the grill/into the frying pan. I use the George Foreman Grill, so the burgers should be done in about 8 minutes if you have one as well. If not, flip the burgers until the middle is brown.
7. Serve on a toasted bun and top with your favorite burger toppings. I always like having macaroni and cheese as a side with my burgers. Yum!